MiniWerks

Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World

Latest Models

Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966

Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966

Last Two! Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966 Lucien Bianchi/Mario Andretti. Brand New.

» See more...

Welcome to MiniWerks Online!

The focus here is representing high–end 1/43 scale handbuilt models from the World’s top brands, as well as pieces from internationally renowned independent builders.

Mike McCormick signature

MiniWerks Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 General
 Special MiniWerks Projects (all scales)
 ScaleAutoArt HIRO Ferrari 250 GTO 1962 Series

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

T O P I C    R E V I E W
PeterW Posted - 01/14/2015 : 06:39:24
This Full Detail project will start in February with the Graham Hill #11 and Le Mans #19 versions. Please contact Mike for order information. Do not contact me directly. Special Order Only depending upon availability of the base kit. Contact Mike if you would like to special order any of the other versions shown on the color sheets.

Base Kit info:
http://www.modelfactoryhiro.com/new/en/archives/15229
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Gt4me Posted - 02/15/2016 : 13:56:04
Stunning build.
PeterW Posted - 02/14/2016 : 07:25:08
Odd how these issues always come up when the build is already completed...the fact is I have presented all of my progress pictures with blue seats. If a correction was necessary that would have been the time to make the point ;) Just as I made the decision to go with the black leads. In any event I have seen reference of the car's interior and have seen both the green and the blue seats. I will consider the green for the next build ;)

Sometimes builders take some license and it's not a question of a customer being right but whether or not he is content with the end result.

I know of three other prominent builders that have presented the same livery with blue seats so none of us are perfect ;)
dark star Posted - 02/14/2016 : 06:52:37
My apologies, Peter.
I did not intend to enter the contest "Who knows more."
Simply, I just wanted to help with my constructive criticism . This car is the winner of the Tourist Trophy 1962, and was the only GTO delivered by the factory than did not have blue seats , but obviously ....the customer is always right.

jerry
rossocorsa Posted - 02/13/2016 : 14:28:58
Magnificent, really beautiful. Congratulations Peter.
dark star Posted - 02/13/2016 : 14:10:07
Very good job , Peter ....as always , but I think the seats were not blue in this race , but rather green colored .

jerry
the.x.man Posted - 02/13/2016 : 12:57:14
Beautiful result, Peter! :o)

I have always liked the Ireland-liveried cars and this one is no exception.

the.x.man 1:43
PeterW Posted - 02/13/2016 : 07:20:23
Final Result of the 250 GTO Ireland. These are available on special order as long as the kits are available from Model Factory HIRO. Extensive body modifications and custom made decals.

PeterW Posted - 02/01/2016 : 21:03:15
The Ireland special edition version moves into completion, just a few more details...If interested in this version please contact Mike for details. Kits may sell out soon so please make a reservation before it's too late.

Ferrarinut Posted - 10/09/2015 : 09:09:59
The GTOs can now have a new option, hand painted driver figure based on the new MFH kit. Contact me for more details. miniwerks@earthlink.net This is Innes Ireland.

PeterW Posted - 09/29/2015 : 16:45:26

PeterW Posted - 09/04/2015 : 08:39:54
Spoiler and boot [trunk lid] Modifications

PeterW Posted - 08/31/2015 : 18:43:12

PeterW Posted - 08/31/2015 : 18:40:46
New Version...Special Order through Mike Only. Enjoy the process!

PeterW Posted - 03/17/2015 : 16:28:53
quote:
Originally posted by Superrfly

Hi Peter

Graham Hill's #11 car...Are the wheels painted a light metallic blue with polished outer rings?
Also...is the interior have painted gold areas?

Regards,

Renato

Yes..the wheels are tinted blue. I prefer to use a clear blue over aluminum as opposed to a solid blue paint. Factory interiors were aluminum with a hammered gold tone which is what I use, some may call it artistic license ;)
Superrfly Posted - 03/17/2015 : 12:30:21
Hi Peter

Graham Hill's #11 car...Are the wheels painted a light metallic blue with polished outer rings?
Also...is the interior have painted gold areas?

Regards,

Renato

MiniWerks :: Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World :: Contact MiniWerks :: MiniWerks on eBay © 2014 Mike McCormick. All rights reserved   Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000