MiniWerks

Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World

Latest Models

Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966

Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966

Last Two! Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966 Lucien Bianchi/Mario Andretti. Brand New.

» See more...

Welcome to MiniWerks Online!

The focus here is representing high–end 1/43 scale handbuilt models from the World’s top brands, as well as pieces from internationally renowned independent builders.

Mike McCormick signature

MiniWerks Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 General
 Special MiniWerks Projects (all scales)
 ScaleAutoArt 1/12 250 GT Breadvan 3D Project

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

T O P I C    R E V I E W
PeterW Posted - 11/02/2015 : 16:16:21
I am pleased to announce a very special and limited project. The 250GT Breadvan in 1/12 scale. This model will feature a 3D printed body, a scratch built chassis and a number of parts from the MFH 250 GTO. This is initially limited to 4 examples and the option of any of the liveries will be the clients choice. I plan to do this as a full open high detail model and an optional "curbside"closed version. Contact Mike for more detail or to reserve one of the four models.

15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
daniel Posted - 06/01/2016 : 16:43:27
WOW..that is such a great project. A Pleasure to follow and see that beauty come to live.
MikeCAP15 Posted - 05/31/2016 : 20:29:35
Sweet! It's always a pleasure to watch a master at work. Thanks for the update.
PeterW Posted - 05/30/2016 : 10:46:29

PeterW Posted - 05/30/2016 : 10:41:19
Body Painted and livery applied...then dry fit to a MFH GTO chassis.Of course the final chassis, engine and interior will be reworked and modified

PeterW Posted - 05/25/2016 : 06:57:42
quote:
Originally posted by MikeCAP15

This project had such an intriguing start. Has it progressed any further, or have other projects pushed it to the back burner for a while longer?

It has progressed. The vac forms are now being made for the headlights and hood bubble, body is in paint/decal phase and the chassis has been started. I will post an update soon.
MikeCAP15 Posted - 05/24/2016 : 22:37:19
This project had such an intriguing start. Has it progressed any further, or have other projects pushed it to the back burner for a while longer?
PeterW Posted - 01/07/2016 : 09:42:06
quote:
Originally posted by daniel

The printed parts are just spectacular...what printing method/quality did you use. Is this a one-off or are you going to cast the body in resin ??

I am thinking of having a mould made and then casting resin transkits...but I need enough interest in that. Spread the word so it can happen! I have a first rate person to do the casting here in Florida.
PeterW Posted - 01/07/2016 : 09:39:34
quote:
Originally posted by the.x.man

That is pretty impressive, Peter. Have those been cleaned up, or are they straight off the printer like that?

the.x.man 1:43

Straight from the printer like this. VERY expensive ;) It will be coated with acrylic.
F1tommy Posted - 01/07/2016 : 08:44:19
Very nice looking master. Not sure about the dashboard, but the body looks great. They come perfectly clean like this if you have it done
to the highest standard. Good printers are not hard to find, but they are very expensive. Quickshapes did my parts and they were perfect but very expensive.
the.x.man Posted - 01/06/2016 : 15:28:39
That is pretty impressive, Peter. Have those been cleaned up, or are they straight off the printer like that?

the.x.man 1:43
daniel Posted - 01/06/2016 : 07:18:56
The printed parts are just spectacular...what printing method/quality did you use. Is this a one-off or are you going to cast the body in resin ??
PeterW Posted - 01/04/2016 : 07:02:06
The printed body...awaiting the final coating

PeterW Posted - 12/08/2015 : 17:45:12
Ready to print!

PeterW Posted - 11/30/2015 : 09:12:08
Great reference here...hmmm, red interior, that was new to me when I saw these!

quote:
Originally posted by jeanpaul

Somes pictures from the official video LM62 (VOD) … the floor is totally red, also the doors

http://www.ina.fr/video/VDD11014421

PeterW Posted - 11/30/2015 : 08:44:50
Your rules...my decision. We will see ;) But I am moving in that direction.

"Trans" kits would be too expensive for most. Double the cost of the base kit.If there is enough interest for 10 or 20 I may be able to get the cost down but they won't be cheap. It would include the body print [hinged doors and hood], dash, glass and decals for the race version.

MiniWerks :: Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World :: Contact MiniWerks :: MiniWerks on eBay © 2014 Mike McCormick. All rights reserved   Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000