MiniWerks

Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World

Latest Models

Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966

Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966

Last Two! Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966 Lucien Bianchi/Mario Andretti. Brand New.

» See more...

Welcome to MiniWerks Online!

The focus here is representing high–end 1/43 scale handbuilt models from the World’s top brands, as well as pieces from internationally renowned independent builders.

Mike McCormick signature

MiniWerks Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 General
 1/43 scale Handbuilt Models
 Next Project by Jean-Paul Magnette!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ferrarinut Posted - 12/05/2011 : 17:45:52
Jean-Paul has begun work on the next series of GTOs. This series is based on the new Esprit43 Ferrari 250 GTO 1964 kit. Jean-Paul's words and photos to follow...

To make a change from the AMR GTOs, we’ll build this time a series of Esprit43 64’ GTOs. The very nice kit created by Mike Craig allows us to make 3 versions, first is #3413 GT, the Ferlaino-Taramazzo car at the 64 Targa-Florio.
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
126ck Posted - 12/31/2011 : 04:36:10
i enjoyed every single picture ! happy 2012 to all forum members !

regards ! :-)
Ferrarinut Posted - 12/29/2011 : 12:08:30

Ferrarinut Posted - 12/29/2011 : 12:07:31
The rear part now , the fuel cap is particularly accurate with one white-metal and one photo-etched part. We’ll finish with the exhaust pipes and the hooks for the lifting jack.
Hope you did enjoy this building process and wish all the best to all forum visitors for 2012!
Last word to thank Mike Craig for giving us the opportunity to work on such wonderful kits, can’t wait to see his future creations!
Ferrarinut Posted - 12/29/2011 : 12:06:10
Last step of the building is to put all the small accessories on the body, note the 3 parts for each rectangular light and the handles of the hood with their tiny washers.
Ferrarinut Posted - 12/29/2011 : 12:05:10
Once they adapt perfectly to their place, they are held with tape; we can glue them now with a small thread of 2 components epoxy glue applied with a little stick, the excess glue is wiped away with Q-tip.
On those cars the plexis were secured with black tape, this is perfectly reproduced using the decal provided in the kit.
Ferrarinut Posted - 12/29/2011 : 12:03:53
In this step, we have to prepare the plexi covers for the front lights. First to cut them with scissors from the vac-form part and then to smooth the edges with sanding paper.
PeterW Posted - 12/26/2011 : 08:04:24
JPM is very good at building these little beauties in the AMR tradition of building. As has been said in this thread it takes a talented builder to keep it simple and elegant.
David Posted - 12/26/2011 : 03:09:01
The final effect is much more convincing.
PeterW Posted - 12/25/2011 : 18:33:22
Sorry, forgot the photo of the painted PE wheel...

PeterW Posted - 12/25/2011 : 18:20:32
quote:
Another good solution consists of applying
on the steering wheel of flat photoetched metal
four or five layers of enamel paint , matt wood color
leaving a few hours drying time between the coats
on both sides of the wheel and finishing with a clear satin varnish coat.

This is what I have done with the Esprit43 steering wheels. 2-3 applications of a good enamel in wood color does achieve the rounded effect of the wheel.
David Posted - 12/25/2011 : 13:44:26
That would be a good solution, too, of course.
dark star Posted - 12/25/2011 : 13:13:15
quote:
Originally posted by David

An example of a simply casted white metal steering wheel, thin enough but not disappearing in the cockpit.

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/692/p1100913.jpg/][/URL]

In my humble opinion, the casted white metal steering wheel,is too thick and rude.
I prefer the TRON steering wheels
but you have to sand down ,almost to an end the plastic rings.

Another good solution consists of applying
on the steering wheel of flat photoetched metal
four or five layers of enamel paint , matt wood color
leaving a few hours drying time between the coats
on both sides of the wheel and finishing with a clear satin varnish coat.

jerry
David Posted - 12/25/2011 : 02:55:11
An example of a simply casted white metal steering wheel, thin enough but not disappearing in the cockpit.

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/692/p1100913.jpg/][/URL]
David Posted - 12/25/2011 : 01:34:03
The steering wheel "disappears" in the cockpit and even if it was in scale (which is not) it would be wrong anyway as a photoetch is always two-dimensional, while the real thing has a rounded section.
Ferrarinut Posted - 12/24/2011 : 17:44:38
In an effort to redeem myself, I share a photo of a real GTO 64 steering wheel courtesy of Michael Gregg. I will let the forum members decide if this is close enough to be a deal breaker. :-)

MiniWerks :: Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World :: Contact MiniWerks :: MiniWerks on eBay © 2014 Mike McCormick. All rights reserved   Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000