MiniWerks

Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World

Latest Models

Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966

Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966

Last Two! Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966 Lucien Bianchi/Mario Andretti. Brand New.

» See more...

Welcome to MiniWerks Online!

The focus here is representing high–end 1/43 scale handbuilt models from the World’s top brands, as well as pieces from internationally renowned independent builders.

Mike McCormick signature

MiniWerks Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
 All Forums
 General
 1/43 scale Handbuilt Models
 McLaren MP4/5B Mónaco 1990 - Senna
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

yako

Spain
3 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2012 :  11:16:06  Show Profile  Visit yako's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is the first time I post in this forum, so I hope this is the correct place.

Base kit Tameo TMK 117 for the U.S. Grand Prix McLaren's 1990 MP4/5B 1:43 scale.
The idea is to make minimal changes to correspond with the vehicle that Senna drove and won in the Monaco Grand Prix 1990.

I begin by setting the body. Sandpaper the adjustment zones to the chassis ground.

Opens the air inlet, that is blinded as in almost all kits.

The floor of the kit does not fit in the left lateral side of the chassis, so I have to adjust.

I sharpen the edge of the front wing to simulate the thickness of the front wing trailing edge (in the image left side is sharpen).

The rear wing does not conform with the one used in Monaco, so I get a copy in resin and divided into three parts to build it.

The edge of the diffuser is too thick, so more file until it is something close to reality. The left and center have been reduced, the right side has the original thickness.

Edited by - yako on 03/10/2012 00:13:02

yako

Spain
3 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2012 :  11:38:12  Show Profile  Visit yako's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Continuing progress of this kit:

The mirrors are adjusted to their shape and replaced the support rod by a 0.3 mm rod. Furthermore, I polish the mirror face, that may not be painted, getting the mirror effect.

One of the supports of the front wishbones is not marked, so I take the marked a reference that is marked on paper and transfer to the other side.

Start adjusting the front wing. It's different the added piece used in Monaco than the used at the USA GP (which is what comes with the kit) and I use a sheet-metal can of soda to construct it and by inserting a needle I mark the metal sheet to simulate the six screws.

Mounted suspension and spoiler to make adjustments.

A final coat of primer, then pure white of Tamiya TS-26, mask out the parts that go on orange fluorescent vinyl tape and painted with fluorescent orange Tamiya TS-36

The kit doesn´t include the camera mounted in Monaco. I build it with a rest of resin of the rear wing, more file and patience give way to the camera.

With more patience than file, I build the small spacer that mounts on the rear wing. For this use a photoetch rest (marked in red), giving the correct shape with the file.

And a failure of the kit is that it doesn´t bring safety harness. I replace it with remnants from an Arena kitfor anchors and print on paper advertising in harnesses.

The gear lever is a photoetch piece, it is flat and out of range, so I replaced it with a piece of metal worked with the Dremel.
Go to Top of Page

yako

Spain
3 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2012 :  11:42:37  Show Profile  Visit yako's Homepage  Reply with Quote
And the finished model after to coats of Number5 clear coat:

Go to Top of Page

the.x.man

New Zealand
877 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2012 :  15:54:30  Show Profile  Visit the.x.man's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Impressive workmanship - and welcome to the forum!

jaaz47

Germany
125 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2012 :  20:04:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
great job indieed

jaaz47
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MiniWerks :: Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World :: Contact MiniWerks :: MiniWerks on eBay © 2014 Mike McCormick. All rights reserved   Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000