MiniWerks

Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World

Latest Models

Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966

Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966

Last Two! Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966 Lucien Bianchi/Mario Andretti. Brand New.

» See more...

Welcome to MiniWerks Online!

The focus here is representing high–end 1/43 scale handbuilt models from the World’s top brands, as well as pieces from internationally renowned independent builders.

Mike McCormick signature

MiniWerks Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
 All Forums
 General
 1/24 scale Handbuilt Models
 1938 Phantom Corsair - a stunning design
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

stewil

USA
139 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2012 :  07:53:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thought you might enjoy seeing a picture of the newly released 1938 Phantom Corsair in 1/24th scale, this is #20 of 299.
I really struggled as to where to display this model and finally decided to place it in an existing diorama. I hope you enjoy the picture.
Now I just need to replace the marquee and poster with the "The Young in Heart" re-release because the other cars in the display are post 1938.

And a link to better close up pictures of the model than I can do:
http://www.diecast.org/diecast98/html/asp/list_reviews/xq/ASP/id.AM24-PHA-COR/qx/printreview.htm

Here is a short film clip of the car from the 1938 film "The Young in Heart" where the car was called “The Flying Wombat”. Not only is the car seen flying in this clip but through the magic of Hollywood one can see many Wombats on the show room floor. However, in reality only one was ever produced due to the untimely death of it's creator.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpUHvXIXFQY

A bit of history:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantom_Corsair

Cheers and Happy Collecting,
Steve

Edited by - stewil on 04/11/2012 14:30:45

250GTE

Netherlands
295 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2012 :  11:42:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
stunning car!
Go to Top of Page

the.x.man

New Zealand
877 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2012 :  19:24:14  Show Profile  Visit the.x.man's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Very cool! I have been wishing for a Phantom Corsair in 1/43 for a very long time - but 1/24 certainly has merit...

stewil

USA
139 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2012 :  21:04:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Jono,
Here is one in 1/43ed scale by Brooklin Models, out of production but occasionally shows up on eBay. Needed to BMF the wipers.

and from a slightly different angle amongst other models.

Cheers and Happy Collecting,
Steve
Go to Top of Page

Models123

USA
196 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2012 :  07:22:55  Show Profile  Visit Models123's Homepage  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by the.x.man

Very cool! I have been wishing for a Phantom Corsair in 1/43 for a very long time - but 1/24 certainly has merit...

This car was also modeled in 1:43 scale by Aurore Models many years ago - early 1980's. I used to have one.

Marshall
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MiniWerks :: Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World :: Contact MiniWerks :: MiniWerks on eBay © 2014 Mike McCormick. All rights reserved   Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000