MiniWerks

Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World

Latest Models

Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966

Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966

Last Two! Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966 Lucien Bianchi/Mario Andretti. Brand New.

» See more...

Welcome to MiniWerks Online!

The focus here is representing high–end 1/43 scale handbuilt models from the World’s top brands, as well as pieces from internationally renowned independent builders.

Mike McCormick signature

MiniWerks Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
 All Forums
 General
 1/43 scale Handbuilt Models
 Shin Collection?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

benzinapura

Portugal
51 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2012 :  02:57:32  Show Profile
What a surprise to see models from Shin for sale...

Ferrarinut

USA
1489 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2012 :  06:44:12  Show Profile
Shin is back and will be honoring all previous orders and/or refunds. I received the F50 model back that I had sent for a minor repair in November 2010 and Shin even added a custom made carbon fiber cover for the display case. He also included the spectacular engines you see on the site now. The sale of these engines will go towards payments to guys who had sent deposits for kits and/or builds. Look for more models in the future, nothing specific yet but stay tuned.
Go to Top of Page

Telinoz

Australia
14 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2012 :  01:11:01  Show Profile
Do they have a website?
Go to Top of Page

benzinapura

Portugal
51 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2012 :  02:06:55  Show Profile
Nothing like talk about attorneys,police and FBI to fix things.
Go to Top of Page

the.x.man

New Zealand
877 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2012 :  02:37:02  Show Profile  Visit the.x.man's Homepage
He does, Terry, I've sent you an email. Welcome aboard, too, by the way - really admire your model collecting strategy; I started out the same way, but lacked the self discipline to stick to my goals once I discovered all the other 1/43 scale models... and it's all mostly Mike's fault!

Regarding Shin though, people, do you think we could leave the past where it is for now and not drag it up again? I think we should try to be fair and at least try not to sour the future for others.

Trossi

232 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2012 :  02:59:15  Show Profile
Well, if he handles the past correctly and gives the money and/or models back to the collectors who got "ripped off", in my opinion we should welcome him back to the world of 1/43rd. Basically everyone deserves a second chance, but he has to do the first step...

Edited by - Trossi on 06/13/2012 03:01:15
Go to Top of Page

benzinapura

Portugal
51 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2012 :  03:12:40  Show Profile
Welcome:read this first.

Also, please do not post topics involving race, religion, politics or other controversial subjects.

"(...)LAPD and FBI have been contacted. Good luck Shin, you made your bed, time to sleep in it."

After this,how can Miniwerks still sell models from Shin?And DVA and One Man Factory?They will have a chance also after all the things that where said in this forum?
Go to Top of Page

Ferrarinut

USA
1489 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2012 :  07:32:11  Show Profile
Shin has stepped up and is doing the right thing with each and every customer affected. Refunds are going out this month to some and models that had paid deposits are being completed and will be sent soon, one this month already. So far OMF has not done the same so I have taken legal action against him. Andrea (DVA) made good on his issue with the F40 model, that was already discussed and old news. He did the right thing and all is good. Time to move forward as Jono said. I will continue to help Shin with those customers affected and I expect by this sometime this summer he will have honored all past committments.
Go to Top of Page

Ferrarinut

USA
1489 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2012 :  18:23:03  Show Profile
Before anyone gets high and mighty about second chances, think about yourself or people you know. We all know someone who, through no fault of their own has fallen on difficult times, whether it be financial, health related or other. We do not know what happened to Shin and it is frankly none of our business, only those who have sent payments have a right to complain. I am reasonably certain that if any one of you reading this thread fell on hard times or had serious personal or health issues that caused you to disconnect from society temporarily, you would want others to be considerate and give you a chance to make things right. For those of you who do not think that would happen to you, you are on your own. I have no tolerance for people like that and please take your business elsewhere assuming you even buy from my business. :-) I would prefer to think that most of my customers would relate to the first part of this message. And, by the way, I also know of a fellow model collector who did essentially the same thing but due to serious health issues. It happens, and not a single one of us is immune from it.
Go to Top of Page

benzinapura

Portugal
51 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2012 :  02:29:27  Show Profile
How empty is theory in the presence of fact!

Go to Top of Page

the.x.man

New Zealand
877 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2012 :  03:09:10  Show Profile  Visit the.x.man's Homepage
I think perhaps we could all accept Mike's word that things are being resolved - and leave it at that?

Despite what you believe, Joao, there is actually still an absence of fact; not a good foundation for building a solid opinion on... And as you so kindly pointed out the bit regarding this forum's tolerance for controversial subjects, I might just lock this thread before anyone's feelings get hurt.

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MiniWerks :: Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World :: Contact MiniWerks :: MiniWerks on eBay © 2014 Mike McCormick. All rights reserved   Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000