MiniWerks

Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World

Latest Models

Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966

Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966

Last Two! Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966 Lucien Bianchi/Mario Andretti. Brand New.

» See more...

Welcome to MiniWerks Online!

The focus here is representing high–end 1/43 scale handbuilt models from the World’s top brands, as well as pieces from internationally renowned independent builders.

Mike McCormick signature

MiniWerks Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
 All Forums
 General
 1/43 scale Handbuilt Models
 James Wood LWB/SWB 250 GT
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ferrarinut

USA
1489 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2012 :  21:55:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
James just completed this model on request. The customer sent a Le Phoenix kit. James used the body shell, the chassis and seats. As you can see, he lengthened the "SWB" body/chassis, hence the name, a clever oxymoron. This one is headed for France.

250GTE

Netherlands
295 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2012 :  01:47:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
again, very oool ;)

I can almost hear the car screaming and growling round the track, shooting large flames from the exhausts. You will get a decent leg burn when stepping out the car, but it will be worth it.
Go to Top of Page

the.x.man

New Zealand
877 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2012 :  02:28:35  Show Profile  Visit the.x.man's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hmmm... 250 SWB meets TVR with a Porsche whale tail and Stirling Moss inspired livery!

Was all that a specific request, James, or did you just cut loose with you own imagination again? Either way, I think you should be locked up... (just in case we lose you)

Love it :o)

christian

Austria
443 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2012 :  04:58:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
PUR CRIME nothing else

Go to Top of Page

Ferrari2006

Germany
352 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2012 :  06:24:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

R.I.P. Le Phoenix kit
Go to Top of Page

250GTE

Netherlands
295 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2012 :  08:35:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Come on guys, it is just a kit and the costumer got what he wanted. Just appreciate the creativity and the skill that went into building this. Or not of course.
Go to Top of Page

Cloud 9

USA
167 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2012 :  12:13:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Neat looking model. I like it!
Go to Top of Page

43rdsizbrn

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2012 :  12:34:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jono...I was given no specific instructions for this commision. Free reign to do whatever came to mind. I'd seen Stirling Moss present on a panel at Amelia Island a few years back and always wanted to do an homage for him. The real SWB was his favorite GT car.

In case it matters to anyone, this was an AMR, not a Le Phoenix. It wasn't really a kit either, just a body, baseplate and seats. This build began as just some leftover parts from when AMR came to an end. Everything else is either made from scratch or aftermarket p/e.

Please indulge me and if necessary forgive me for my opinion for a moment. It's my belief the bigger crime here are the tens of thousands of 1/43rd kits out there that are stashed on shelves and in closets, that will never be built and displayed and enjoyed as the creator intended. I believe the Rufs and Tameos and Simons' wished for the results of their labors to be painted and decalled and glued together and give pleasure regardless of the talent of the builder and how the results measured up to someone else's subjective standard. And, as we have already seen in Antony's case, they would approve of modifications for the sake of the art of the model. After all, no matter how you slice it, this is nothing more or less than art. Not politics, not religion, just art.

I'm open to anyone wishing to send me their dusty unloved kit, wasting away in a dark closet, to have it fashioned in to something different and unique. Something art. Contact Mike for details.

JW
Go to Top of Page

Ferrarinut

USA
1489 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2012 :  13:14:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry James, my mistake, LP did the SWB kits also, I can't tell which one it was with your total transformation. Just to drive the purists a bit more crazy, you should tell them you dropped a Chevy V8 in it as well. Far more reliable. :-)
Go to Top of Page

PeterW

USA
1216 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2012 :  14:10:33  Show Profile  Visit PeterW's Homepage  Reply with Quote
James...you really should ignore some of the criticism. Art is art and there are many famous artists that have a love/hate audience. None of it really matters. As your order books show.

I have some purists that dislike some of my presentations...but the positives outweigh the critics...YAWN.

Go to Top of Page

Anthrax

USA
111 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2012 :  15:55:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hmm, interesting exercise in styling.

Mike Schmidt
Millington, NJ

Go to Top of Page

JVC43

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2012 :  22:17:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It was my understanding that LP and AMR cars were unique and well sought after because they were not perfect scale, but added that Artist's touch (i.e., scale is slightly larger, etc.). For me, I see this as brilliant art from art...
Go to Top of Page

SwordSaint

Australia
11 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2012 :  22:39:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is a work of Art
Go to Top of Page

LQDA4

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2012 :  04:06:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like it!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MiniWerks :: Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World :: Contact MiniWerks :: MiniWerks on eBay © 2014 Mike McCormick. All rights reserved   Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000