MiniWerks

Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World

Latest Models

Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966

Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966

Last Two! Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966 Lucien Bianchi/Mario Andretti. Brand New.

» See more...

Welcome to MiniWerks Online!

The focus here is representing high–end 1/43 scale handbuilt models from the World’s top brands, as well as pieces from internationally renowned independent builders.

Mike McCormick signature

MiniWerks Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
 All Forums
 General
 1/1 Scale
 The Movie "RUSH"...what did you think?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PeterW

USA
1216 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2013 :  14:11:52  Show Profile  Visit PeterW's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just came back from the movie and was left with mixed feelings...I felt some emotion and thrill but was left cold with the depiction of Lauda, who I think is a real hero. The nostalgia of those years was awesome and I think Ron Howard made a noble effort...but it fell short of the movie Grand Prix...IMO.

ModelJunkie

USA
49 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2013 :  14:40:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I saw the movie on a huge screen at a nice theater in Hollywood and really enjoyed it! I had read just about everything available regarding the making of the film and the players, including Niki Lauda himself. Once I read that HE was satisfied with his depiction, and that he and others were on board with the creative liberties they took with some of the facts (in order to have a story that still made it a "movie") I stopped analyzing and just enjoyed the show and the cars. Now my wife understands who the little people are that stand next to my high-detail Tameo models built by SUBER, Barnett, and Veloce43. It brought my hobby to life for her and for me. Oh, and if you are interested in space at all, we saw GRAVITY yesterday and that was AMAZING.
Go to Top of Page

PeterW

USA
1216 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2013 :  07:44:04  Show Profile  Visit PeterW's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Saw Gravity last week...it was very good, except the first 1/2 hour made me dizzy ;) All that motion as Clooney was flying around.
Go to Top of Page

Performance

Netherlands
87 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2013 :  23:00:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rush was a very good movie. I saw this movie in theatre and I enjoyed it very much. Some scenes you should not take seriously, because it is impossible to know the full history about the rivalry of the two iconic racers.

For everyone who like animation movies, I recommend everyone to see "Frozen"! A fantastic animation film from Disney, with beautiful ice effects.

Never drive faster than your guardian angel!
Go to Top of Page

Anthrax

USA
111 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2013 :  03:43:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
John Frankenheimer's "Grand Prix" is still my favorite. Best story, best cast, best cinematography.

Mike Schmidt
Millington, NJ
Go to Top of Page

PeterW

USA
1216 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2013 :  15:03:49  Show Profile  Visit PeterW's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Anthrax

John Frankenheimer's "Grand Prix" is still my favorite. Best story, best cast, best cinematography.

Mike Schmidt
Millington, NJ

I agree...still the best.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MiniWerks :: Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World :: Contact MiniWerks :: MiniWerks on eBay © 2014 Mike McCormick. All rights reserved   Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000