MiniWerks

Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World

Latest Models

Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966

Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966

Last Two! Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966 Lucien Bianchi/Mario Andretti. Brand New.

» See more...

Welcome to MiniWerks Online!

The focus here is representing high–end 1/43 scale handbuilt models from the World’s top brands, as well as pieces from internationally renowned independent builders.

Mike McCormick signature

MiniWerks Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
 All Forums
 General
 1/43 scale Handbuilt Models
 New GTO "R" Project
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PeterW

USA
1216 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2013 :  20:12:40  Show Profile  Visit PeterW's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's been quite around here lately so lets take it up a notch and do some builds!

The first "new" project in my new workshop will be Mike Craig's latest GTO "R" model. Only one of each version will be made. If interested in one please contact Mike.

Note the differences from the “standard” GTO. The engine bay vents on the tops of each fender, the rear light mounts and spoiler and the extra vent on the nose section.

surfjunke

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2013 :  07:36:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like a really fine kit. This company is new to me.
Go to Top of Page

Dave G

Netherlands
58 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2013 :  10:46:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
New version to me, this kind of GTO. Nice that there's a model of it! I see there is no kind of ridge along the head lights; now I have almost zero experience with these kind of kits, but doesn't that complicate fitting the head lights glass much? Of course it looks the most realistic...
Go to Top of Page

PeterW

USA
1216 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2013 :  11:50:54  Show Profile  Visit PeterW's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dave G

New version to me, this kind of GTO. Nice that there's a model of it! I see there is no kind of ridge along the head lights; now I have almost zero experience with these kind of kits, but doesn't that complicate fitting the head lights glass much? Of course it looks the most realistic...

You make a very good point and it is my least favorite task when building these. One must be very careful and trim the vac forms to fit flush with the opening and get the metal frame shaped perfectly.
Go to Top of Page

Dries1

Netherlands
98 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2013 :  10:00:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Everytime I see you starting a new project, i think that's very nice, but I am still waiting for the delivery of the july 2012 project, the detail sets for the Esprit43 GTO kits.
I want to build my Esprit43 kits too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Blanchimont

Belgium
85 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2013 :  10:18:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very interesting car.
Build by Peter, is making this model very desired....
Go to Top of Page

PeterW

USA
1216 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2013 :  14:57:09  Show Profile  Visit PeterW's Homepage  Reply with Quote
After careful re scribing all of the panel lines, window frames and thinning the thickness behind the vents the primers are applied.

Then the red paint is applied [3 coats] and the decals are applied. Once the decals have cured for a few days the clear coat and polish work will be performed.

Edited by - PeterW on 11/23/2013 15:00:58
Go to Top of Page

PeterW

USA
1216 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2013 :  15:04:00  Show Profile  Visit PeterW's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Final clear coat and this will then be wet sanded and polished to level it out and tone down the high gloss.

Go to Top of Page

PeterW

USA
1216 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2013 :  16:12:33  Show Profile  Visit PeterW's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The chassis is fitted to the body and then prepped for paint.

The wheels , vac forms and photo etch parts are also sorted out as I move closer to final assembly. So far Mike Craig has done a superb job producing this fine base for another wonderful GTO R.

Go to Top of Page

PeterW

USA
1216 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2013 :  16:14:27  Show Profile  Visit PeterW's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The final dry fit prior to assembly and a preview of the presentation base. Glass is also dry fit and will be installed along with the side glass. The Bosica wheels really makes a nice difference to this model.

Aluminum is added to the interior floor.

Edited by - PeterW on 12/15/2013 06:34:24
Go to Top of Page

Blanchimont

Belgium
85 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2014 :  09:28:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Peter, I assume the model is ready?
grtz from Belgium
Go to Top of Page

PeterW

USA
1216 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2014 :  15:24:32  Show Profile  Visit PeterW's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Pretty close...but this one is sold :(

Go to Top of Page

PeterW

USA
1216 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2014 :  14:48:51  Show Profile  Visit PeterW's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Final Results. I will have one more available in a few weeks...please contact Mike if interested in reserving it.

Features real aluminum floors, Bosica wheels and machined valve stems, machined disc brakes, machined fuel filler and machined headlights.

Edited by - PeterW on 02/07/2014 14:50:49
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MiniWerks :: Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World :: Contact MiniWerks :: MiniWerks on eBay © 2014 Mike McCormick. All rights reserved   Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000