MiniWerks

Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World

Latest Models

Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966

Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966

Last Two! Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966 Lucien Bianchi/Mario Andretti. Brand New.

» See more...

Welcome to MiniWerks Online!

The focus here is representing high–end 1/43 scale handbuilt models from the World’s top brands, as well as pieces from internationally renowned independent builders.

Mike McCormick signature

MiniWerks Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
 All Forums
 General
 1/43 scale Handbuilt Models
 Jacques Brauer Mercedes 300SLR
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ferrarinut

USA
1489 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2016 :  07:54:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jacques just shared photos of a project he is doing for a client. This one takes "high detail" to yet another level and keep in mind, this is entirely scratch built. Leaves me speechless and "scratching" my head.

Ferrarinut

USA
1489 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2016 :  07:58:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jacques says everything is functional, the steering box, the steering arms even have the right ball joints to ensure soft and efficient movement as he put it.
Go to Top of Page

burjdubai

Taiwan
6 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2016 :  02:37:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Being an owner of 10 J. Brauer's models I have to say this one is by far the best of his "little cars"......even though it is still not complete. Just curious how he is going to make the suspension functional.
Go to Top of Page

Ferrarinut

USA
1489 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2016 :  17:35:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am guessing he will replace those shocks with springs. Serge Divies scratch built a 250 GTO with functional suspension and full tube chassis. You could push down on the model and feel the suspension work. I nervously hand carried that model back from Retromobile one year and customs at the airport pulled it out and inspected it, it was hard to watch but the model survived. I promptly headed to the airport bar for a stiff drink.
Go to Top of Page

Models123

USA
196 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2016 :  06:50:13  Show Profile  Visit Models123's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Ferrarinut

This one takes "high detail" to yet another level. Leaves me speechless and "scratching" my head.

I completely agree with Mike, and will add that not only is this a fantastic piece of miniature art, but this is also one of the few super detailed models I have seen that I would truly love to add to my collection.

Marshall
Go to Top of Page

Ferrarinut

USA
1489 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2016 :  07:00:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jacques replied about the suspension...

Hello Mike,

The rear shocks body have been design for "vented" effect, as a result, it looks like a helicoïdal spring.
The front shock do not have the same, this is a more conventional cylinder. Front and rear suspensions have the same torsion bar spring system. Not visible, even on the real car!

Kind regards,

Jacques

PS : The 300SLR chassis, suspensions, engine are very similar to the F1 car of the period, very special!
Even the body was design as a coupe ( in mind was the Carrera Panamerican race) Only the very strong LeMans accident have stoppped the project, then, only two cars have been built...

Go to Top of Page

Ferrarinut

USA
1489 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2016 :  07:03:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jacques is doing this model for a customer but he can also do a LeMans version of the 300SLR 1955, with full details and the very specific Wind brake... .( functional of course) with delivery early 2017.
Go to Top of Page

SAMLAMBO

Singapore
87 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2016 :  07:42:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This model build is mind blowing!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MiniWerks :: Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World :: Contact MiniWerks :: MiniWerks on eBay © 2014 Mike McCormick. All rights reserved   Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000