MiniWerks

Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World

Latest Models

Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966

Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966

Last Two! Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966 Lucien Bianchi/Mario Andretti. Brand New.

» See more...

Welcome to MiniWerks Online!

The focus here is representing high–end 1/43 scale handbuilt models from the World’s top brands, as well as pieces from internationally renowned independent builders.

Mike McCormick signature

MiniWerks Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
 All Forums
 General
 Self-built Models
 Ferrari 500F2 (1/24 MFH) finished
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Hugo Luyten

Netherlands
78 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2016 :  11:40:58  Show Profile  Visit Hugo Luyten's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi guys,

As I am a rookie on the MiniWerks forum I want to share my work in this first posting.

Right now I'm working on the Ferrari 500F2, a rare full metal kit from MFH.
The photos below show the progress.

As this is a full metal kit, all parts were first sanded with 1500, cleaned, etch primed and primed. The body parts receeived a pink primer, followed by the base coat, and after sanding they got 2 wet coats of Top Coat, finally polished. The chassis was airbrushed with Gunze H337 (GreyBlue), The metal parts were first sprayed with Gloss Black, followed by different shades of Alclad. When dry I applied oil paints to create depth, shadow and highlights.
Assembly started and today the engine was placed into the chassis. Next part will be the suspension, and working on the electrical, oil and fuel system.
Hope you like it.

PS: Mike, if this is the wrong section of the forum for my posting, please feel free to move it to the correct section.

Best regards,
Hugo

Edited by - Hugo Luyten on 02/12/2017 07:54:20

gege

France
128 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2016 :  12:22:51  Show Profile  Visit gege's Homepage  Reply with Quote
good job
Go to Top of Page

Hugo Luyten

Netherlands
78 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2016 :  13:19:35  Show Profile  Visit Hugo Luyten's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks GeGe.

Best regards,
Hugo
Go to Top of Page

the.x.man

New Zealand
877 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2016 :  14:23:31  Show Profile  Visit the.x.man's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That engine and running gear is impressive...

the.x.man 1:43
Go to Top of Page

Ferrarinut

USA
1489 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2016 :  11:16:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You have the right section Hugo and excellent work! Thanks for taking the time to share it here. It is time-consuming enough to build a model this complex. These racers from the 50s look so much better with "patina" and your technique is very convincing. Mike
Go to Top of Page

Hugo Luyten

Netherlands
78 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2016 :  08:55:02  Show Profile  Visit Hugo Luyten's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you the.x.man,

And thank you Mike for confirmation. Love to share my progress.
I just want to give my model some warmth and life, and the oil technique is a great way for adding more realism to the model.

Best regards,
Hugo
Go to Top of Page

Hugo Luyten

Netherlands
78 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2016 :  11:18:09  Show Profile  Visit Hugo Luyten's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Almost done.
The last few weeks I worked on details and assembly. Still some small details to be added, so detail painting, cleaning and mounting to a base. I hope you like it.

Best regards,
Hugo
Go to Top of Page

126ck

Germany
26 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2016 :  03:18:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awesome results Hugo ! i really like the weathering you have done on the model :-)
Best regards ! Erik
Go to Top of Page

F1tommy

USA
218 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2016 :  11:44:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That looks wonderful. I have the same kit in 1/24th scale. Very hard to find as most have the 1/20th kit.

I know this will be hard to do, but you should paint the wheels silver like on the real cars. The shiny may look good but it is not accurate for the 1950's cars.
Go to Top of Page

Hugo Luyten

Netherlands
78 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2016 :  21:54:39  Show Profile  Visit Hugo Luyten's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you guys, I'm glad you like it.

The kit comes with beautiful alu turned wheels, I didn't spray them as I was afraid they would turn into a toy-like look. Instead of that I toned them down with a couple of black oil paint filters.

This is indeed a rare one as it is a full metal kit, very beautiful, it shouldn't stay too long unbuild on your shelve ;-)

Best regards,
Hugo
Go to Top of Page

dark star

Spain
413 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2016 :  05:36:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beautiful Hugo !
I love the weathering job .

jerry

Edited by - dark star on 12/17/2016 05:37:29
Go to Top of Page

Hugo Luyten

Netherlands
78 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2016 :  13:29:04  Show Profile  Visit Hugo Luyten's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you Jerry.

Best regards,
Hugo
Go to Top of Page

the.x.man

New Zealand
877 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2016 :  14:27:34  Show Profile  Visit the.x.man's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Brilliant photography, too, Hugo. I am very envious...

the.x.man 1:43
Go to Top of Page

Hugo Luyten

Netherlands
78 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2016 :  23:19:18  Show Profile  Visit Hugo Luyten's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks x.man,

I'm not that familiar with photography, but enough to make appropriate pictures as I've been writing articles for several modeling magazines.

Best regards,
Hugo
Go to Top of Page

Hugo Luyten

Netherlands
78 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2017 :  07:53:20  Show Profile  Visit Hugo Luyten's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi guys,
Finally I can call this one done.
First I made a simple base for presentation:

And this is the completed model:

[

Hope you like it.

Best regards,
Hugo Luyten

Best regards,
Hugo
Go to Top of Page

Models123

USA
196 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2017 :  06:29:17  Show Profile  Visit Models123's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hugo, that is beautiful. Congratulations on this build. Wonderful work, and thanks for showing the photos.

Marshall
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MiniWerks :: Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World :: Contact MiniWerks :: MiniWerks on eBay © 2014 Mike McCormick. All rights reserved   Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000