MiniWerks

Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World

Latest Models

Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966

Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966

Last Two! Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966 Lucien Bianchi/Mario Andretti. Brand New.

» See more...

Welcome to MiniWerks Online!

The focus here is representing high–end 1/43 scale handbuilt models from the World’s top brands, as well as pieces from internationally renowned independent builders.

Mike McCormick signature

MiniWerks Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
 All Forums
 General
 1/43 scale Handbuilt Models
 Maranello Rosso Collection
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Salegosse

France
65 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2010 :  09:48:40  Show Profile  Visit Salegosse's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thought i would share those pictures i made in 2008 at the Maranello Rosso Museum near San Marino.

A really great collection with the worst display i ever saw...

250 GT SWB

250 MM

195S

250 GT TDF

250 GT LWB Interim

330 GT

250 GTO

250 GT Pininfarina Cabriolet S1

250 GT

250 Superamerica

250 GTE

250 GT Lusso

330 GTC

275 GTB

330 P

365 P2/3

Daytona Comp / 512BB LM / F40

Dino 246 Tasmania

312 T3

I remember the guy from the museum asking us not to take many pictures.

Meh !

christian

Austria
443 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2010 :  11:41:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
when I was there in may 2000 you had to pay around 5 Euros to take pictures

the owner Fabrizio Violati died in january this year
so I think the museum will be or is closed and everything sold

the 250 GTO is offered for Euro 25.000.000 since a long time
a bit toooooo much for me :-)

Christian
Go to Top of Page

ferrari4evr1

USA
297 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2010 :  12:13:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with you Salegosse. Incredible collection and such a cheesy display of them... Beautiful and amazing cars nontheless. I have the Marilyn Monroe car from RGM\Miniwerks design and it is incredible.. Love that car.... IN person, i bet her ex-car(and all the rest) are breathtaking...
Thanks for the pictures...

James
Go to Top of Page

Salegosse

France
65 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2010 :  14:14:20  Show Profile  Visit Salegosse's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Christian > We paid too.

In another part of the building there is the biggest collection of Abarth in the world. In this part you had to pay again and not to take any pictures ! WTF ??

We didn't go. A bit sad.
Go to Top of Page

vova43

Russia
186 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2010 :  01:25:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ferrari4evr1

I agree with you Salegosse. Incredible collection and such a cheesy display of them... Beautiful and amazing cars nontheless. I have the Marilyn Monroe car from RGM\Miniwerks design and it is incredible.. Love that car.... IN person, i bet her ex-car(and all the rest) are breathtaking...
Thanks for the pictures...

James

Yes, it's fantastic collection. I've seen it twice in late 90th. So sadly it will disappear...
As for 250GT cabriolet - it had no connection with Monroe. This is what Ferrari historian Marcel Massini said about this car:

Complete nonsense! Marilyn Monroe never had a Ferrari nor did she ever have or drive in 0759 GT.
It's just the Maranello Rosso Museum curator in San Marino who placed a photo of Monroe behind the car displayed and since then the rest of the world believes that Monroe had or sat in that Ferrari. 0759 GT was shown at the Torino motor show October 30, 1957. Then sold January 1958 through the Venezuelan Ferrari importer Carlos Kauffmann in Caracas to first owner Luis Enrique P#233;rez Dupuy, resident in Caracas, Venezuela. The car is also pictured in the 1959 Ferrari Yearbook. It remained in Venezuela until 1986. (Monroe died 5 August 1962).
Marcel Massini
Go to Top of Page

LaSource

356 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2010 :  01:36:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great cars, but I don't like how they are presented.
These metal frames are disturbing.
Go to Top of Page

IchoTolot

France
37 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2010 :  17:57:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks to Salegosse for the pics.

I agree on two points :

First, the display is absolutely atrocious and the wall paintings are of the worst I ever saw.

Second, Marilyn Monroe never had any Ferrari. The legend came from the fact that Violati put this stupid portrait of the actress behind the car because it was in this context, era correct. Most of the visitors saw the portrait and thought Marilyn was the owner of the car which is totally untrue. And then, BBR made the same crap with their miniature, probably on purpose, a shame really.

Also, the ex-Albert Uderzo car is a total rebuilt. The car was burnt to ashes by Uderzo during a track test. Written off. Violati bought the serial number plates and made a new car... which was certified by Ferrari. Another shame.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MiniWerks :: Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World :: Contact MiniWerks :: MiniWerks on eBay © 2014 Mike McCormick. All rights reserved   Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000