MiniWerks

Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World

Latest Models

Pagani HuayraR Bianco Benny by Figart Model

Pagani HuayraR Bianco Benny by Figart Model

First batch sold out, preorder for next batch. Pagani HuayraR Bianco Benny. Magnificent build quality, detail, presentation and packaging.

» See more...

Welcome to MiniWerks Online!

The focus here is representing high–end 1/43 scale handbuilt models from the World’s top brands, as well as pieces from internationally renowned independent builders.

Mike McCormick signature

MiniWerks Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
 All Forums
 General
 Large scale - 1/18, 1/12, etc.
 2 New PICS added on 10/1 - CMC MB 300 SLR Coupe
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

stewil

USA
139 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2010 :  06:34:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I moved the coupe to a more prominent location. Do you agree? Posted on October 1, 2010.

This is the new location, right in the center of the cabinet. 10/10

and among it's little 1/43ed scale siblings

I have been waiting for this model of the MB 300 SLR Uhlenhaut Coupe ever since I first saw the 1:1 on a book's dust cover.

I now have the model which was worth the eight year wait, CMC even included nipples in the wire wheels. Then I decided to display it with the book's dust cover, actually a cut down photo it.

Here it is in a display case,

and among all it's friends. Will probably move this 1/18th scale jewel to a more prominent location if I can figure out where in my crowded displays.

Cheers and Happy Collecting,
Steve

Edited by - stewil on 10/01/2010 09:45:11

ramapao69

Italy
512 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2010 :  09:20:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great model....not my scale but it looks great!! congratulations Steve
Go to Top of Page

ferrari4evr1

USA
297 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2010 :  16:44:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Steve, beautiful model. Gotta love CMC for thier attention to detail. I have a question. What is the difference between the CMC model 300SLR and the one on the book cover? I see that the exhaust protrudes out of the model but doesn't on the book cover 1:1. Are they two different 300 SLR's?

James
Go to Top of Page

stewil

USA
139 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2010 :  20:12:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi James,
I wondered about that myself. There are two of these coupes, one with red and the other with blue interior.
Link: http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/car/2603/Mercedes-Benz-300-SLR-Uhlenhaut-Coupe.html

There may be a couple of explanations:
1st, I believe the one on the book cover has the blue interior because it also has an air inlet and plastic shield on the hood and the red one doesn't.
So - -
Maybe the photo was taken during restoration and there was no engine in it or that the exhaust was not attached at that moment in time.
Or - -
Maybe the photo is a reversed image which showed up the lines of the car better than the exhaust side and yet Mr. Adler wanted the photo to face right. Both cars exhaust on the right, therefore just reverse the image and print which is exactly what I think was done. Notice the black rectangle under the door handle, it is found on the left side of the car and not the right, ergo, reversal of image. Also there was no inspection cover on the left side.

Cheers and Happy Collecting,
Steve

Edited by - stewil on 09/29/2010 20:18:10
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MiniWerks :: Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World :: Contact MiniWerks :: MiniWerks on eBay © 2014 Mike McCormick. All rights reserved   Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000