MiniWerks

Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World

Latest Models

Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966

Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966

Last Two! Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966 Lucien Bianchi/Mario Andretti. Brand New.

» See more...

Welcome to MiniWerks Online!

The focus here is representing high–end 1/43 scale handbuilt models from the World’s top brands, as well as pieces from internationally renowned independent builders.

Mike McCormick signature

MiniWerks Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
 All Forums
 General
 1/43 scale Handbuilt Models
 process of 917K
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

gdist43

Japan
32 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2010 :  14:51:21  Show Profile  Visit gdist43's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi folks, A bit late but still this year is 40th anniversary since Porsche got their first victory at Le Mans... you know I had a short trip to Monterey Historic Weekend last Summer with Mike and saw moving 917K at Laguna Seca. So fantasitic and made up my mind to build it up when I back home! Unfortunatery it has been hard to manage it for these months-long but I'm so happy now getting an opportunity to post here my build up process.

A bit old-fassioned resin kit by Provence Moulage.

With something update parts.

Tryed to attach the tires to the body.

Removed thick edges around the wheel arch and set a spare tire.

That's it today,
Akihiro

batigol

Italy
40 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2010 :  15:26:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will follow this topic as it was the Oracle !

02.03.2008 DIO ESISTE E TIFA VIOLA....GRAZIE RAGAZZI
18.05.2008 LA CONFERMA.............
http://www.modelfactory.it
A chi mi chiede se sono il migliore e rispondo di si, passo da presuntuoso, se rispondo di no sono bugiardo !!
Bruce Lee
Go to Top of Page

moriaan

Netherlands
510 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2010 :  00:34:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is interesting!

Great to see one of the masters turning an old kit in something special..

Thanks for posting

Hans
Go to Top of Page

gdist43

Japan
32 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2010 :  23:55:09  Show Profile  Visit gdist43's Homepage  Reply with Quote
batigol, moriaan, thank you for the comments. This is the update today. The photo size is too big or befitting?

Each recessed lines were deepened with a micro chisel, and I carved the bump around the headlight housing edge to fit covers enough.

Here is another bump better to be emphasized...

To open these air outlets, I deepened the mold with a needle tool from outside, and then removed excess thickness with motor tool from inside.

I put #400 sandpaper strips into the outlets and move them carefully.

The nose intakes and the NACA ducts have been deepened with motor tool and I trimed their edge smooth.
Go to Top of Page

the.x.man

New Zealand
877 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2010 :  01:21:41  Show Profile  Visit the.x.man's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am delighted to see another one of your projects here, Akihiro.
Your picture size is just fine, as far as I am concerned.

Ferrarinut

USA
1489 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2010 :  07:39:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Perfect Akihiro! This will be great fun to watch, thank you for the extra effort to share with everyone. Mike
Go to Top of Page

David

109 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2010 :  10:20:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm delighted to see one of the greatest posting a wip on this forum. To have a model built from you is one of my next goals.
Go to Top of Page

360driver

Netherlands
454 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2010 :  11:02:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Akihiro, what a great job you are doing! such details.......it needs a lot of patiente to do the job......one of the things I lack :-)

i will keep following this project for sure!

Mark
Go to Top of Page

914joe

USA
206 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2010 :  11:26:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice!!! Your 250TR that was recently finished came out Awesome!!! I've picked up alot of tricks watching you work. Anxious to see what you turn that Provence kit into. Thanks for sharing!
Go to Top of Page

gdist43

Japan
32 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2010 :  17:31:02  Show Profile  Visit gdist43's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks a lot to follow, and your permissiveness for my bad language, guys. I would show you some today.

I put Tamiya putty on small gaps and scuffs of the body. After sanding with #400-600, I sprayed thick primer (urethan).

The front windshield and the photo-etched wipper were test-fitted.

The headlights and the cover as well.

I made fuel caps with turned aluminum. A bit hard to open such small holes on the knob, but convex glasses were good help.

Actually I had a good starting of this subject five months ago but no other choice to interrupt it by the other works. Now I ressume the work with trying to make this air funnel covers with a thin brass sheet, before painting the body red.

Edited by - gdist43 on 12/07/2010 17:33:07
Go to Top of Page

Ferrari2006

Germany
352 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2010 :  09:36:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hey...

this is the Car that my Neighbor some years ago drive in Le Mans, Hans Herrmann

Fred
Go to Top of Page

gdist43

Japan
32 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2010 :  17:03:51  Show Profile  Visit gdist43's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Fred, your neighbor is Hans Herrmann? That's great! Please extend my regards to him if you have an opportunity.

A few updating today:

I removed funnel covers and cooling fan unit from the underbody.

Tried to open six oval holes on a 2.0mm width nickel silver strip for side walls of the funnel cover, with a brass jig and a needle file, however...

This prototype was not fitted to the body, a bit oversize! I showed it Mr.Okada, the Z model owner and he make an oridinal photo-etched piece for 917K. Briliant work!
Go to Top of Page

43builder

USA
100 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2010 :  20:55:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
gdist43 - i have this same kit, and now that you have started it, and i see what you are doing to it, i cant wait to start mine after i finish my Feeling43 F40

Patick Lewis
Go to Top of Page

gdist43

Japan
32 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2010 :  00:00:12  Show Profile  Visit gdist43's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Patrik, I will do my best to be a good pathfinder for you. And here is almost forgotten picture which was taken before the funnel cover part, the rideheight setting.

I put various thickness of styrene plate under the assembled body, and then 2.5mm was best. The underbody was double-bolted to the base as usual.

Edited by - gdist43 on 12/09/2010 00:38:00
Go to Top of Page

LaSource

356 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2010 :  05:08:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Akihiro,

Is this a One off? Or do you build a series?
Go to Top of Page

Ferrarinut

USA
1489 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2010 :  12:51:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is a one-off for Miniwerks. :-)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MiniWerks :: Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World :: Contact MiniWerks :: MiniWerks on eBay © 2014 Mike McCormick. All rights reserved   Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000