MiniWerks

Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World

Latest Models

Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966

Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966

Last Two! Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966 Lucien Bianchi/Mario Andretti. Brand New.

» See more...

Welcome to MiniWerks Online!

The focus here is representing high–end 1/43 scale handbuilt models from the World’s top brands, as well as pieces from internationally renowned independent builders.

Mike McCormick signature

MiniWerks Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
 All Forums
 General
 Special MiniWerks Projects (all scales)
 ScaleAutoArt HIRO Ferrari 250 GTO 1964 #25
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

glengorse

United Kingdom
230 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2015 :  03:07:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Peter, Beautifully done and detail superb, love the plaque on the display. David
Go to Top of Page

PeterW

USA
1216 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2015 :  07:09:51  Show Profile  Visit PeterW's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by glengorse

Hi Peter, Beautifully done and detail superb, love the plaque on the display. David

Thanks David...it is a massive presentation with the base measuring 20" x 22" !
Go to Top of Page

Ferrarinut

USA
1489 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2015 :  08:48:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fantastic work Peter. I get to see this one in person next month, lloking forward to it. This will be the centerpiece for the party.
Go to Top of Page

PeterW

USA
1216 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2015 :  16:41:30  Show Profile  Visit PeterW's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The final model...

Go to Top of Page

F1tommy

USA
218 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2015 :  10:49:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The model looks great. A lot of elbow grease went into this one.
Go to Top of Page

PeterW

USA
1216 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2015 :  13:13:29  Show Profile  Visit PeterW's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Body on photos...

Go to Top of Page

PeterW

USA
1216 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2015 :  13:14:47  Show Profile  Visit PeterW's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by F1tommy

The model looks great. A lot of elbow grease went into this one.

Yes...and the body off concept presented many challenges ;)
Go to Top of Page

dark star

Spain
413 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2015 :  15:03:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow.
Fantastic job, Peter.
I am left speechless....

jerry
Go to Top of Page

PeterW

USA
1216 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2015 :  08:43:49  Show Profile  Visit PeterW's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Now featured in the MFH Customer Gallery...

http://www.modelfactoryhiro.com/new/archives/17259
Go to Top of Page

Splunge

Germany
1 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2015 :  00:18:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PeterW
The decals are somewhat thick and brittle. Take extreme care even with the roundels. So...for me it is easier and a better end result to paint the blue due to the complexity of the nose and tail.

Hi Peter, Congratulations to this wonderful build!

I'm also considering painting the blue stripes instead of using the decals. But I'm having trouble to get the Maranello Concessionaires color right.

Did you use a paint off the shelf or did you mix your own? Any suggestion would be helpful.

Thanks and regards
Bernd
Go to Top of Page

PeterW

USA
1216 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2015 :  08:10:10  Show Profile  Visit PeterW's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I mixed my own with tamiya acrylics. Use a white with clear blue until the color is exact to those on the decals sheet.

quote:
Originally posted by Splunge

quote:
Originally posted by PeterW
The decals are somewhat thick and brittle. Take extreme care even with the roundels. So...for me it is easier and a better end result to paint the blue due to the complexity of the nose and tail.

Hi Peter, Congratulations to this wonderful build!

I'm also considering painting the blue stripes instead of using the decals. But I'm having trouble to get the Maranello Concessionaires color right.

Did you use a paint off the shelf or did you mix your own? Any suggestion would be helpful.

Thanks and regards
Bernd

Go to Top of Page

Ferrarinut

USA
1489 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2015 :  09:36:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
New option for the GTO builds, hand painted driver figure based on the new MFH kit. Contact me for more details. miniwerks@earthlink.net Driver shown is Innes Ireland.

Go to Top of Page

Sam S.

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2021 :  19:57:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was just revisiting this thread as I was so completely blown away by Peter's work on this particular model, and was disappointed to see that the photos are no longer showing. I realize Peter sadly passed away a few years ago, but does anyone have the pictures that were part of this build? Anyone know what happened to this particular model? It was my dream for Peter to build one for me, and I had started looking for a HIRO kit of this same model, but that will unfortunately never come to pass now.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MiniWerks :: Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World :: Contact MiniWerks :: MiniWerks on eBay © 2014 Mike McCormick. All rights reserved   Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000