MiniWerks

Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World

Latest Models

Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966

Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966

Last Two! Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966 Lucien Bianchi/Mario Andretti. Brand New.

» See more...

Welcome to MiniWerks Online!

The focus here is representing high–end 1/43 scale handbuilt models from the World’s top brands, as well as pieces from internationally renowned independent builders.

Mike McCormick signature

MiniWerks Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
 All Forums
 General
 Large scale - 1/18, 1/12, etc.
 CMC announces Ferrari 250 GTO
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

noelsairplanes

USA
39 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2015 :  09:33:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In spite of all the negative comments, I'll go so far as to say the CMC, overall, will be the best 250 GTO, in 1/18th scale, produced to date. Maybe in the future, if Exoto brings out their version ( don't hold your breathe waiting ) maybe it will be better. Of course, at a rumored price around 2K,it should be. You can find fault with any model out there, we all know that, don't we?
Go to Top of Page

PeterW

USA
1216 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2015 :  05:36:50  Show Profile  Visit PeterW's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Still a bit toy like and some inaccuracy but FWIW here is a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8D0dvnz7KE&feature=share
Go to Top of Page

PeterW

USA
1216 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2015 :  06:46:00  Show Profile  Visit PeterW's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page

Carlo

Switzerland
19 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2016 :  09:53:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The CMC model is based on the actual shape of s/n 3809 GT, located in Germany as written by Ferrari2006. I saw this car at the Pantheon in Basel in 2011 (see pics). I agree with models123 and PeterW. For me, it is also very important to get the most accurate shape. However this is extremely difficult with the GTO’s, because all of them had numerous incidents and/or have been repaired/restaured/modified by the the owner, the factory but also by local agents. The actual s/n 3809 has a modified noise.

So the main question is which one is the original and should be reproduced as model? In this case, I would also choose another GTO s/n.

Regarding the quality, in my opinion the CMC models remain DieCast Models but with a very good quality level. I think it's worth your money, considering the details and the materials used for the 1800 parts composing it. For the color choices (3 other colors), also a NO GO for me (if it is 3809GT).

Edited by - Carlo on 03/13/2016 03:21:26
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MiniWerks :: Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World :: Contact MiniWerks :: MiniWerks on eBay © 2014 Mike McCormick. All rights reserved   Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000