MiniWerks

Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World

Latest Models

Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966

Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966

Last Two! Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966 Lucien Bianchi/Mario Andretti. Brand New.

» See more...

Welcome to MiniWerks Online!

The focus here is representing high–end 1/43 scale handbuilt models from the World’s top brands, as well as pieces from internationally renowned independent builders.

Mike McCormick signature

MiniWerks Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 General
 1/43 scale Handbuilt Models
 For the Porsche fans...MFH 917L High Detail

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

T O P I C    R E V I E W
PeterW Posted - 10/16/2013 : 20:27:47
This is a nice break from the Ferrari subjects and personally I don't think they get the exposure they should. They are marvelous cars and MFH has released some stunning kits of the Gulf 917L from Le Mans. I will build one of each, #17 and #18. If interested in one please contact Mike.

Here are photos of the kits...not only are they nicely packaged but very detailed. White metal for the bulk of the kit too. I do like the cast amber parts...nice touch.

15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
SAMLAMBO Posted - 12/17/2015 : 21:22:11
I've decided that I'm commissioning master craftsman Peter W to build for me the No 18 Gulf car.
I am simply blown away after looking at his wip in this thread. If only I had looked at it earlier. The car is simply stunning!
I receive my kit in the next few weeks which I purchased online and having it shipped to Peter.
PeterW Posted - 02/07/2014 : 14:55:18
Work on the Gulf version, car #18, commences...this version will be available later this month. Contact Mike if interested in reserving this one.

PeterW Posted - 01/19/2014 : 15:32:56
quote:
Originally posted by 914joe

Nice job!!! That looks like a fun kit to build. Any pics of the Gulf car finished?

think small

Thanks Joe. The #18 Gulf car will commence this week. Photos to follow...
davesans Posted - 01/11/2014 : 18:24:21
Nice work Peter both cars look great.
I really need to get back to some building again our work is very inspiring

Regards
Dave
914joe Posted - 01/07/2014 : 09:29:21
Nice job!!! That looks like a fun kit to build. Any pics of the Gulf car finished?

think small
PeterW Posted - 12/19/2013 : 16:15:27

PeterW Posted - 12/16/2013 : 15:16:24
The photo etched frames are carefully bent to fit the windows and then painted mat black.

The glass is installed and frames are applied over the glass.

And almost there..just some pluming and a little more tweaking. These kits require a lot of finesse to get everything in there and still fit properly. No room for error.

PeterW Posted - 12/13/2013 : 15:22:07
Tweaking the chassis and adding the suspension components. Everything is a very tight fit. On to the final stretch of this build!

For those who will be building the MFH kit the photo etched fire wall will need to be modified to allow the body to fit nice and snug as shown in the last photo.

Final fitting of the body panels is essential. Little tweaks here and there will make it all come together nicely in the end.

PeterW Posted - 12/12/2013 : 15:14:24

PeterW Posted - 12/11/2013 : 16:09:56
Thanks Guys...on to more progress.

Dry fitting some more as assembly continues and colors are incorporated into the chassis. And no...the rear wing is not decaled backwards, just sitting around waiting to be clear coated ;)

Cloud 9 Posted - 12/11/2013 : 06:14:58
Models look great as well as the base, Peter!
the.x.man Posted - 12/10/2013 : 18:44:01
There is no way anyone could buy only one of these - you would just have to have both!

the.x.man 1:43
PeterW Posted - 12/10/2013 : 16:32:43
Clear coat is complete and now basic assembly commences. Checking carefully all of the fitting of detailed parts.

PeterW Posted - 12/09/2013 : 16:49:14
The decals are finalized and after some cure time will receive the clear coat.

PeterW Posted - 12/05/2013 : 18:55:53
The rear wing uprights are painted first and the main decals are placed and set down with solvent to help them settle into the complex shape of the body. Certain parts of the decals have been removed intentionally. A clear will be applied at this stage and then these voids will be “wet masked” and airbrushed to match. Small gaps, etc will also be touched in at this point before the rest of the livery is applied.

MiniWerks :: Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World :: Contact MiniWerks :: MiniWerks on eBay © 2014 Mike McCormick. All rights reserved   Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000