MiniWerks

Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World

Latest Models

Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966

Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966

Last Two! Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966 Lucien Bianchi/Mario Andretti. Brand New.

» See more...

Welcome to MiniWerks Online!

The focus here is representing high–end 1/43 scale handbuilt models from the World’s top brands, as well as pieces from internationally renowned independent builders.

Mike McCormick signature

MiniWerks Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 General
 Large scale - 1/18, 1/12, etc.
 330 GTC speciale 'Liliane de Rethy' 1/18

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Pluscat Posted - 08/27/2013 : 14:47:08
People say I'm a gifted modelmaker and I should do more with my talent. So about three month ago I started a new project.

The car I chose was -according to Sergio Pininfarina's own words- the best design of his carreer: the 330 GTC speciale

The car was designed for prinsess Liliane de Rethy, second wife of king Leopold III of Belgium. Eventualy four of these special 330 GTC's were build in 1967/1968. I decided to make the first one S/N 9439; the Liliane de Rethy car.

The idea of creating a scalemodel from scratch, (every single part of this model wil be custommade) was an ambition I've had for many years.
It was about time to show the world the stuff I'm made of.

Secondly I want to show that there are still artisans in Europe who can make tru hand made models. The flood of stuff comming from China descimated a lot of small artisan manufacturers; time to make a stand, cause 'Not Everything Is Made In China' (NEIMIC)

In a few days I will publish the first report of the built. I hope you will enjoy my contribution to this forum. And God willing the model might become availabe on Miniwerks.

Very best regards

Pluscat
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Pluscat Posted - 10/13/2014 : 14:53:50
Finally the last chapter. This week I completed the second model. It is a much better model as I avoided some mistakes I made in the first built.
The panellines are much deeper (very deep)and I made sure the photo-etched parts would fit before painting.

The model is a bit different in some details as this model depics the presentation version of S/N 9439

I am having trouble to upload pictures, but I have posted those om facebook too
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Maqatt-Mod%C3%A8les/1411172435800239?ref=profile)

Pat Posted - 06/28/2014 : 16:05:52
Hello,
Please contact me by PM for the purchase of your kit.
Regards from France.
Pat
prova mo31 Posted - 06/26/2014 : 11:16:31
quote:
Originally posted by Pluscat

Thank you Gege an X-man. I am very happy in the way the model turned out.

Allthough I've show pictures of the completed model, I've never posted a picture of the complete kit.

I still have a few kits left, so if you would like one, feel free to contact me.
You can find more info on the model at the Facebook page of Maqatt Modèles

So Marvelous !
Great job and golden hands !

if you still have some kits available, feel free to contact me; i am really interested in buying one kit ( or more) ; please let me know also price and shipping cost
thanks in advance for your feedback
best Regards

LD
Pluscat Posted - 06/06/2014 : 06:20:54
Thank you Gege an X-man. I am very happy in the way the model turned out.

Allthough I've show pictures of the completed model, I've never posted a picture of the complete kit.

I still have a few kits left, so if you would like one, feel free to contact me.
You can find more info on the model at the Facebook page of Maqatt Modèles
the.x.man Posted - 05/26/2014 : 17:48:21
Wow - that really turned out well!

I am extremely impressed (and more than a little jealous of your skills...).

the.x.man 1:43
gege Posted - 05/26/2014 : 13:42:56
nice job.
Pluscat Posted - 05/26/2014 : 06:33:45
quote:
Originally posted by 360modena

very , very nice work...

Thank you,

The final touch: The model in a displaycase
360modena Posted - 05/25/2014 : 00:11:27
very , very nice work...
Pluscat Posted - 05/16/2014 : 12:18:43
The last parts (bumpers) arrived this week! :):):)
Boy, are they pretty!! I have to express huge thanks to Marshall who had them made for me. The bumpers are cast in bronze and rhodium plated, and the final result is astonishing (wow!!)

So the model and the kits I made are now complete and on the pictures below, you can see the final result.

Pluscat Posted - 05/07/2014 : 02:07:57
@ Daniel: I don't use any vacuum, I just pour the resin in the molds. Using vacuum would make better quality resin parts (less air bubbles), but I doing all this on my kitchen table(!), not in a fancy laboratory.
The resin parts will need some extra attention before painting; nothing an experienced modeller can't handle.

@ferrariscale: Some 2D computer drawing skills are needed, for the design of the photo-etched parts and decals.
ferrariscale Posted - 05/06/2014 : 19:36:50
Precision work. Looks like you have great drawing skills as well.

Can't wait to see the final product! Cheers Rene
daniel Posted - 05/06/2014 : 08:49:52
What agreat model and what an interesting read. For your resin casting do you use some kind af vaccum machine or something or do you just pour it into the molds ?

daniel
dark star Posted - 05/04/2014 : 15:25:15
Fantastic René !!!
Congrats.

jerry
Allanmodel Posted - 04/17/2014 : 22:06:24
Great news Rene,

Looking forward to the complete kit to be ready!
Pluscat Posted - 04/15/2014 : 08:16:20
Slowly but surely the parts I have had made are arriving!
The turned aluminium rims are the first to do so.

This morning the postman brought two jerrycans with resin, and production of the kits is picking up.
Todays work on the pictures below

I expect to release the kit in May this year :)

MiniWerks :: Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World :: Contact MiniWerks :: MiniWerks on eBay © 2014 Mike McCormick. All rights reserved   Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000