MiniWerks

Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World

Latest Models

Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966

Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966

Last Two! Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966 Lucien Bianchi/Mario Andretti. Brand New.

» See more...

Welcome to MiniWerks Online!

The focus here is representing high–end 1/43 scale handbuilt models from the World’s top brands, as well as pieces from internationally renowned independent builders.

Mike McCormick signature

MiniWerks Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
 All Forums
 General
 1/43 scale Handbuilt Models
 process of 917K
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

gdist43

Japan
32 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2010 :  15:58:25  Show Profile  Visit gdist43's Homepage  Reply with Quote
LaSource, this is one off build as Mike said. I wish I could make own 917series... my primitive ways are no match for modern way like Eidolon(Vision).

I made a base plate of funnel cover unit with 0.2mm nickel silver.

Removed excess resin around the cooling fun and I turned a new cylinder with brass.

Imagine you would pick up this model and find thin injection lines through the small oval windows :)

This part might be another highlight of 917model. I will hustle this weekend.

Akihiro
Go to Top of Page

gdist43

Japan
32 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2010 :  14:26:23  Show Profile  Visit gdist43's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I did these frame work for 917K rear section last weekend. A bit stiffness remains on my shoulder, however, I got a good result.

First I removed exhaust pipe molds and replaced them with 2.4mm brass tube.

Second I made a bottom frame with 0.5mm brass tube and lines according to the shape of photo etched piece in the kit.

I soldered upper support bars to the both ends of the bottom.

Regarding lateral stems, I bent brass lines at a sharp angle and soldered 0.25mm nickel silver pins at the top.

Then I add the other bars inch by inch... to be continued tomorrow.

Akihiro
Go to Top of Page

43builder

USA
100 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2010 :  15:39:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wow...really going all out on this one! This is amazing, Great Work!

Patick Lewis
Go to Top of Page

gdist43

Japan
32 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2010 :  05:31:08  Show Profile  Visit gdist43's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Patick, these solder work looks complicated, but easy if you take enough time to prepare before switching soldering iron on.

I often v-cut the end of lines to keep their position easily, to increase area of contact between them.

A bit of glue or tapes also assist these brass lines position before soldering. It may be not common but I used green masking sol instead of the glue to set them in right location.

I spent two and a half days to get this result... well, let's go to painting process.

Akihiro
Go to Top of Page

Ferrarinut

USA
1489 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2010 :  08:13:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fantastic Akihiro! This is really fun to watch, thanks for the great "show". Mike
Go to Top of Page

gdist43

Japan
32 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2010 :  14:36:16  Show Profile  Visit gdist43's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Mike. This is another 917K built by Mr.Hayakawa, for your convenience. I have never met him but my close friend has his masterpiece, so clean work about ten years ago.

Go to Top of Page

Ferrarinut

USA
1489 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2010 :  08:16:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for sharing Mr. Hayakawa's work Akihiro, a very rare opportunity. Many of these masterpieces sell directly to private collections and never show up anywhere for the collector community to see.
Go to Top of Page

gdist43

Japan
32 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2010 :  20:43:37  Show Profile  Visit gdist43's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Indeed... Regarding Mr.Hayakawa's model cars, I introduce you more information.

http://www.ks-collection.co.jp/index.htm

Fortunately I live in Japan and can see his brillinant works as long as if I get Nozomi-super express train and go to this gorgeous shop in Osaka... Anyway, I almost forgot some steps I must do before painting.

I made 9.0mm diameter hole on 0.7mm thickness brass plate and soldered two "bridges" on the back to keep its positon.

Then I cut the side lines of the brass carefully. After trimmig the shape off, I removed the bridges and glued the brass pieces on the base.

These rear spoilers came from junked phot-etch. I made tiny cuts in them by motor tool and closed their edges with solder.

I fixed up the slits shape and test-fitted to the body. The detail of this sholder screw seems too be bold or not?
Go to Top of Page

LaSource

356 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2010 :  05:05:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Akihiro,

incredible!

I had the chance to see and photograph the original 917 at the Techno Classica Motorshow here in Germany last April. I can post some pics here if interested.

Best regards
Go to Top of Page

gdist43

Japan
32 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2010 :  06:35:54  Show Profile  Visit gdist43's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello LaSource,

Photograf? That would be nice! Thanks in advance for your help.

Akihiro
Go to Top of Page

LaSource

356 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2010 :  09:46:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page

LaSource

356 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2010 :  09:47:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page

LaSource

356 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2010 :  09:48:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page

LaSource

356 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2010 :  09:49:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page

LaSource

356 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2010 :  09:50:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MiniWerks :: Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World :: Contact MiniWerks :: MiniWerks on eBay © 2014 Mike McCormick. All rights reserved   Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000