MiniWerks

Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World

Latest Models

Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966

Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966

Last Two! Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966 Lucien Bianchi/Mario Andretti. Brand New.

» See more...

Welcome to MiniWerks Online!

The focus here is representing high–end 1/43 scale handbuilt models from the World’s top brands, as well as pieces from internationally renowned independent builders.

Mike McCormick signature

MiniWerks Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
 All Forums
 General
 1/43 scale Handbuilt Models
 New Project : BOSICA Porsche 356 Speedster
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

PeterW

USA
1216 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2014 :  10:43:29  Show Profile  Visit PeterW's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The build process has started. First order of business is to inventory all of the parts and do some initial dry fitting. This truly is an amazing kit.

The body and chassis are pre formed and extremely accurate. Parts are pre assembled by the kit maker.

Assorted views of the body components...paper thin and very rigid.

Front and Rear chassis parts and the wheel/tire sets.

Exploded view of the twin cam motor.

The seats are operable…they sit it miniature rails and can be moved back and forth with perfect smoothness. The fronts are also hinged so the seats will tilt.

The doors, bonnet and boot [hood and trunk] lids are carefully pre assembled and the door hinges have been improved over the original coupe version.

To be continued....

Edited by - PeterW on 04/07/2014 16:03:20

the.x.man

New Zealand
877 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2014 :  17:12:32  Show Profile  Visit the.x.man's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Those kits are such a work of art it almost seems a shame to build them...

the.x.man 1:43
Go to Top of Page

PeterW

USA
1216 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2014 :  14:14:24  Show Profile  Visit PeterW's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Basic sanding and fitting. The windshield frame is also test fit and polished in preparation for nickle plating.

Doors are test fit for hinge placement. Steering wheel and seats are checked for proper fit. Headlight assemblies are checked for fit.

Dash gauge bezels are test fit and the spare tire with fuel tank are also checked for proper fit.

Time to take a little break...if anyone is interested in this little gem please contact Mike for details.

Edited by - PeterW on 04/08/2014 14:21:52
Go to Top of Page

914joe

USA
206 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2014 :  15:06:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok... I'm jealous:) I'd build that kit partially apart in either a garage scene or race scene with the rear jacked high enough to see the bottom.

think small
Go to Top of Page

PeterW

USA
1216 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2014 :  19:18:02  Show Profile  Visit PeterW's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Personally I like the patina of the kit in the nude...less door cards,dash pad,carpet,etc. I think it would have a barn find appeal. This could also have removable wheels and presented in a garage setting to show off the unique qualities of this kit.

Sinse two are being built I may go this way on one...unless of course a buyer steps in to acquire one and requests a specific color scheme.

Edited by - PeterW on 04/10/2014 19:24:29
Go to Top of Page

914joe

USA
206 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2014 :  06:01:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You have 2... Grrrrr..... soo jealous:)

Got a couple ideas... Maybe leave it unpainted in a restoration scene and simulate welded in replacement panels and detail the old rusted peices in the trash... Maybe mount the body on a working rotisserie. Or make a elevated show car stand with a mirrored base.

I'm tagging along on this one... might be the closest I get to this kit:) Thanks for sharing!

think small
Go to Top of Page

PeterW

USA
1216 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2014 :  09:26:45  Show Profile  Visit PeterW's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 914joe

I'm tagging along on this one... might be the closest I get to this kit:) Thanks for sharing!

think small

Perhaps not ;) I sent you an email. Make sure it didn't get sent to your junk mail.
Go to Top of Page

PeterW

USA
1216 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2014 :  17:49:33  Show Profile  Visit PeterW's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The chassis to body is fitted then the engine and rear suspension is check for fit.

At the same time the engine is also test fit prior to assembly. Note the drive shafts with rubber boots.

Edited by - PeterW on 04/12/2014 18:19:35
Go to Top of Page

PeterW

USA
1216 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2014 :  17:45:28  Show Profile  Visit PeterW's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The decision has been made to do one of these in black with tan interior. Similar to the car in this link, only a twin cam.

http://www.canepacollection.com/detail-1956-porsche-356_a-speedster-used-9344193.html

The other is moving in the direction of a simple garage display with the motor on a stand and the car elevated [perhaps on a rack] and in unpainted form to show off the art of the kit...should be very cool. It is still in the "creative planning" stage so we will see how this develops soon.

Edited by - PeterW on 04/17/2014 17:50:37
Go to Top of Page

the.x.man

New Zealand
877 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2014 :  21:47:05  Show Profile  Visit the.x.man's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PeterW

The decision has been made to do one of these in black with tan interior.

My number one choice of colour for a Speedster! *Drool*

The second option should be absolutely amazing...

the.x.man 1:43
Go to Top of Page

SteveK

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2014 :  21:31:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is truly an amazing kit and will look spectacular. I do have a critique. I think the gauges are too big and the metal part of the dash is too tall. The steering column therefore sits too low with respect to the gauge cluster and too close to the seat. The steering wheel rim is also too thick. This is such an overall outstanding kit, but this aspect doesn't look right.
Go to Top of Page

PeterW

USA
1216 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2014 :  07:55:10  Show Profile  Visit PeterW's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Keep in mind this is a dry fit...certain aspects may still change [less the steering wheel].

Edited by - PeterW on 04/19/2014 07:57:18
Go to Top of Page

914joe

USA
206 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2014 :  09:59:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think each part of this model as a marvel. There are definite areas that leave room for improvement... I like the gauge size and the gauge decals in this kit have a good sense of realism but don't like the rest of the dash:) I think once these models are assembled it works and has a Bosica character.

think small
Go to Top of Page

PeterW

USA
1216 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2014 :  09:56:21  Show Profile  Visit PeterW's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Back to the project...some inspiration for the restoration version:

Edited by - PeterW on 04/23/2014 09:58:34
Go to Top of Page

SteveK

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2014 :  16:01:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cool pictures!
Go to Top of Page

PeterW

USA
1216 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2014 :  16:29:55  Show Profile  Visit PeterW's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Paint work for the presentation version will commence...photos to follow.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MiniWerks :: Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World :: Contact MiniWerks :: MiniWerks on eBay © 2014 Mike McCormick. All rights reserved   Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000